February 07, 2007

The stupidity that is CCW coursework

A letter arrived yesterday morning addressed to my parents, concerning CCW. It seemed that I had forgotten to hand in something coursework-shaped to Mr Green, and the school wanted to make its position very clear: I either hand it in before next Friday, or I don't get entered into the exam.

And oh, what a pity that'll be. Let's get one thing straight: the CCW curriculum is a joke. It's patronisingly simple common sense that anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out for themselves. The coursework is to "participate in a school or community based activity" (whatever that means). Somehow I doubt that any universities will care whether I've taken the subject or not.

What exactly will happen if I don't get my coursework in on time? I won't be entered into the exam. That's a guaranteed C down the drain. Oh no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had to do this, it was soooo long so good luck with that lol xxxx

Anonymous said...

I'd argue that coursework is well worth doing; the majority of courses in uni won't be made up purely of timed examinations. The ability to regulate yourself to complete a huge piece of work over several weeks as opposed to a 3 hour exam is an important skill only attainable through coursework.

As for CCW not being respected by universities, well thats true. But its not why you're taking the subject. Not everyone goes to uni; being taught about real life rather than the cold war is important however far you take your studies.

Anonymous said...

just do it!!!!
we all have to..... and ur not the only one comlainling!

Older stuff...