January 25, 2007

Media club ads (with added Lemmon)


So Lily, Jasmine and I won a competition to film an advert for Media Club (where Year 7s, 8s and 9s get to produce a news bulletin with help from the BBC), and we got to skip CCW in order to interview kids saying a handfull of pre-determined answers.

We hunted down a handful of KS3ians including Lemmon and Pippa's sister, but to be honest carrying around a camera is even more effective at attracting attention than letting off a box of fireworks, and there were swarms of them desperate to get on camera (what we didn't tell them was that the footage was to be shown in front their entire year group). Miss Welch and Jasmine fended them off with the warning: "it's coursework".

I've never before noticed how much respect year 11s get from the younger years. One kid was shouting at Lemmon as I set up the camera, so I said to him "be quiet, and go stand over there." Much to my amazement, he bowed his head and walked off.

The 50 minutes blazed by, and we had some great footage by the end. I volunteered to take the tape home to edit it. Unfortunately, after several hours, all I could get onto the computer was jerky footage with no sound.

Well, when I do finally finish the advert, it'll be up against tough competition (I hear Anya's group's "media is everywhere" ad is very good). And if it wins, all of Key Stage 3 gets to laugh at their friends making fools of themselves! Fantastic, no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun xxxx

Anonymous said...

yer...ours isnt that great ull probably win!
but thanks 4 that!

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Older stuff...