April 06, 2007

Reading: a guest post by Joe

Hi Guys. So there’s 137 days to go until Reading 2007, and there’s like 30 Drayton Year 11’s going. Excellent. I’m proper looking forward to it. I’m just glad I was able to secure my regular weekend ticket on the night they came on sale, and didn’t have to bother with all the coach ticket shit, nor did I have to shell out £200 on eBay, like some.

I know people have been complaining about the line-up a lot, but just consider that only 28 out of around 100 acts have been confirmed. In the grand scheme of things, The Line-Up Is SICK, although admittedly it could be a lot better.

Remember, there’s still like 75 acts to be confirmed, and there’s hundreds and hundreds of wicked bands who are likely to play, so it will be a lot better by August. Personally I’ve got my fingers crossed for The Horrors, The Hives, Hadouken! Bedouin Soundclash, The Holloways, The Maccabees, The Ordinary Boys, all of which are perfectly possible, but theres so many more acts I want there that could quite easily happen. Although If I REALLY had my way, the line-up would look like this so far:

Unfortunately, you can’t always get what you want.

Plus, I’d make a lot more changes than that, but time is money guys.

If there’s an act not on the confirmed 28 that you would like to see at Reading, it’s not too difficult to work out the likelihood of them appearing. Just consider these factors:

  • Their popularity (obviously)
  • Recent Releases (new albums etc)
  • Their place on the bill last year (Headliners don’t tend to return the next year)
  • Their current tour dates (if it says “25th August – Reading Festival”, that’s quite a good sign)
  • The band’s thoughts on the festival (if a big band say they want to play Reading, they will probably be asked to play)
Yeah, so that’s the lowdown on Reading 2007. Whatever the line-up ends up looking like, it’s an incredible experience for everybody, so if you got a ticket, make sure you’re looking forward to it. Only 137 Days and counting!


SEE YOU THERE YOU WANKERS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliot you changed the end part. and on the first diagram of the poster, the 'shit lines' should be pointing to Brand New, Panic! At The Disco and Funeral For A Friend.

Anonymous said...

i thought I was the guest poster?!

theafroguy said...

Anyone can do a guest post. That's the point.

Anonymous said...

Errr.. you left Fall Out Boy on the line up......... They are not very good.... Your new line up, or your "preferred" line up still sucks witht hem there...

Older stuff...